5 Things to Consider when Choosing the Right Boom Gate for Your Property
Boom gates are one of the most useful security tools in controlling vehicle access to commercial and industrial properties. A boom gate is a bar or pole that can be lowered and raised to allow or block access to an area. They help regulate the entry of vehicles and unauthorised personnel in buildings and offices, which is why companies should consider investing in boom gates to secure their premises.
There are many kinds and designs of boom gates today that cater to a variety of purposes, and finding the correct type of boom gate is critical to ensure that you have adequate protection for your property.
Our experts at Rotech can help you identify the right product that fits your requirements with our comprehensive range of door and gate automation systems that include boom gates, among others. To guide you in selecting the right boom gate, here are a few things you need to consider:
- Application – Before purchasing a boom gate, you must first determine where you will be installing it and how you will operate the boom gate. There are boom gates that are specifically designed for use in railway crossings, car parks, office complexes, factory entrances and other industrial environments. It is necessary to find one that fits your desired application correctly to ensure that it meets your needs.
- Frequency of operation – The duty cycle or frequency of operation of a boom gate is another factor that must be taken into account. For areas with high traffic that requires more than 500 operations a day, such as large shopping centres or airports, choosing a medium to heavy duty boom gate is highly advised. Nevertheless, there are also boom gates that are suited for areas with low traffic volumes.
- Size – Rotech supply boom gates with different size poles depending on the size of opening that you wish to control. Typically boom arms will be from three to six metres in length however our KL heavy duty boom gate can span openings of 12 metres. This is especially useful when companies have oversized vehicles, such as mine sites and rail crossings.
- Features – Many of these boom gates come with battery backup, high opening speeds and solar power compatibility. Selecting boom gates that can be fitted with important security devices, such as PE safety beams, loop detectors, flashing safety lights and radio controls are also preferable especially for high risk areas.
- Price – Your choice of boom gates would also largely depend upon your budget. However, you should never compromise safety in place of lower costs. Be sure to choose a durable boom gate to suit the right application at a price you can afford.
When it comes to selecting the right boom gates to maintain heightened security in your property, our team at Rotech can help. We are a trusted supplier and manufacturer of high quality boom gates that include the Sentinel NV series, Sector DC boom gate and Sentinel KL series.
Rotech has been providing superior door and gate automation products in Australia since 1999 and we are proud to continue our mission of bringing only high quality products such as boom gates, gate openers, full and waist height turnstiles, supermarket gates and a range of related safety and security products. We encourage you to contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.