Rotech Safety Solutions | Boom Gates Protecting our most vulnerable pedestrians
Road accidents are one of the highest causes of child deaths and injuries in Australia. The most prevalent area for vehicle accidents, after the home, is at school. The sad part of this is most of these accidents are preventable.
- 204 pedestrians under the age of 14 were killed in locations outside the home
- 4,440 were seriously injured vehicle accidents, including instances of low-speed run-over
- 14% of deaths occurred in car parks and roads in places such as schools, universities, hospitals, factory premises and so on – where we would expect vehicles to be travelling at low speeds and performing low-speed manoeuvres.
Department of Infrastructure and Transport report on Child Pedestrian Safety: ’driveway deaths’ and ‘low-speed vehicle run-overs’, Australia, 2001–10
Safety within our schools has highest priority
Traffic and parking problems are significant issues for schools and are putting children at risk of being injured or worse, particularly during drop off and pick up times. Children by nature are impulsive, easily distracted and have little sense of danger. Many incidents of school car park pedestrian accidents across Australia has moved schools to look for ways to better manage the safety and well-being of pupils.
Conscious of their obligations schools place a high priority on implementing appropriate measures to prevent physical injury to pupils when the children are under their control.
Mooloolaba State School – acts to protect its most valuable assets
As part of its concerns for the welfare of its pupils and given the layout of its grounds Mooloolaba State School sought to make access to its grounds safer.
A key issue was that parents were ignoring the designated drop off area and driving through the main gates to the teachers car park. The teacher’s car park is generally a restricted zone and despite being designated “out of bounds” for students and unauthorised vehicles there was nothing to prevent access to this area.
What was needed was the ability to strictly control the access into the teacher’s car parking area during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-ups.
When a road is not a road – you need a boom gate
Although the road entry to the teacher’s car park was already gated – the gate needed to be left open during the day to allow convenient vehicle access.
The best solution for this situation was to install a boom gate with a timer that closes the boom gate during drop off times and re-opens after school has started. A keypad allows teachers, administration staff and authorised visitors access to the area during the period the boom gate is down. The system requires no supervision and is fully automatic.
There was no available mains power supply at the location which would normally necessitate digging up the driving way to lay power cables. However choosing to install Rotech’s Sector 12vdc automatic boom gate was the ideal product to address Mooloolaba State Schools requirements.
The Sector automatic boom gate is low voltage, high speed, battery driven, safety sensing and designed for high-volume traffic control environments. Adding the solar powered option meant there was no need to run high voltage cables to the gate which was a significant saving to the cost of installation.
We understand parents give considerable weight to safety and security when selecting a school for their child to attend and were pleased to have enabled Mooloolaba State School with its commitment to protecting its pupils.
If you have a particular access control situation you need a cost effective, creative solution for give Alan Roberts a call on (07) 3205 1123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotech Safety Solutions | Boom gate and pedestrian Gate combo saving lives
Workplace Health & Safety Laws in Australia are among the toughest in the world. While a safe working environment is a high priority for most businesses – when safety issues are ignored the costs are high – both for the person injured and for the business.
From 2003 to 2015:
- over 7400 work-place injuries were caused by forklift accidents in Australia
- 50% of forklift accidents involved pedestrians and resulted in 68 pedestrian deaths.
(Ref: Comcare.gov.au and Worksafe)
In a recent case where a forklift accident caused a severe injury to an employee, a well-known manufacturer was ordered to pay a civil penalty of $150,000 for the breach.
Minimising the Risk
In a situation where employee walkways cross areas where heavy industrial vehicles are operating there is the potential for something to go terribly wrong – it is simply a matter of time.
An obvious solution to this problem is to separate pedestrians from forklifts. While designated pedestrian walkways do separate the vehicle traffic from pedestrian thoroughfares it doesn’t go far enough, particularly in areas where the pedestrian traffic and the forklift traffic intersect.
This situation can be easily managed with the installation of automatic pedestrian swing gates on the walkway and a boom gate across road. Electric locking mechanisms manage the operation of the gates to ensure only one gate is open at a time.
If you are looking for a solution to a vehicle or pedestrian access control issue – we are confident that, with our extensive range and high level of expertise, we will be able to provide you with a customised resolution to suit your situation.
Rotech’s range of automatic boom gates are designed to ensure quick, safe and secure vehicle access control.
Our pedestrian swing gate openers with electronic safety and positive locking provide the safest and most efficient option for industrial gates.
Rotech offers multiple options across our considerable product range including solar powered equipment. Customised solutions can also be provided for specific applications involving vehicle or pedestrian access control.
For more information about our product range call Alan Roberts at Rotech on (07) 3250 1123.
Rotech’s latest full height turnstile is faster, safer and more secure than ever
The TriStar F21 Full Height Turnstile now features an innovative battery back-up system providing a level of security not available before on an Australian made turnstile. The increased height over the previous model adds to accessibility without compromising on security.
Until recently turnstiles were simply considered part of a building or facility’s overall security plan. Today, the increasing threat of extremist activity has meant the demand for heightened security afforded by access control equipment, such as turnstiles, is being pushed to the forefront.
The Lindt Cafe hostage situation brought home the reality that Australia was not immune to acts of terror. After this tragic event many organisations increased their security to protect their employees – businesses such as television stations, corporate offices and strategic manufacturing facilities installed one of Rotech‘s full height turnstiles soon after.
The preferred means and methods of securing properties and facilities are changing rapidly. The need for traditional applications, such as perimeter fence line control or access to amusement venues, large events centres, sports stadiums and industrial facilities continues to remain strong. However developers and building owners are now more willing to consider physical barriers for security and are increasingly looking for access control systems that offer the right combination of security, user comfort and personal safety to enhance and add value to their building.
Rotech’s TriStar F21 full height turnstile offers the optimum level of secure access and the required robustness for use outdoors or indoors.
Security – personnel tracking
The ability to be able to quickly determine which employees have entered or exited the building is a key piece of information when ensuring no one is left behind in an urgent evacuation situation. This is easily handled by the TriStar F21 full height turnstile – when used in tandem with an access control system operators can:
- Monitor the time and attendance of each individual
- Track the movement of visitors in or out
- Restrict access by unauthorised people.
With an increased requirement for security monitoring the new status indication system allows the operator to see when the turnstile is closed and if the entry (or exit) is freewheeling. The emergency key release is also monitored.
Unique Battery Back-up Operation
The TriStar F21 full height turnstile‘s innovative battery back-up system handles power outages automatically. On power failure the built-in relay automatically initiates the battery back-up system and sets off a loud warning siren indicating that the turnstile is now operating on battery back-up system. The turnstile can operate normally on back up for up to 3000 cycles.
This is a particularly important feature in an emergency situation where the access control system needs to continue receive information and monitor movement through the turnstile when normal power sources fail.
The TriStar F21 turnstile addresses any accessibility concerns with it‘s increased internal height to 2100mm and wide entrance allowing easy access for personnel wearing hard hats, carrying tools and equipment while still preventing tailgating or piggy backing.
This reliable, low maintenance turnstile incorporates soft start and stop technology which enables even children to easily move the rotating arms without compromising on safety and security.
The TriStar F21 is compatible with all access control systems and special features can be incorporated into our standard design.
Solar panel operation and a portable version are available making the TriStar F21 full height turnstile suitable for remote areas, building sites or positions were it is difficult to get power to.
The customisation options available with the TriStar F21 turnstile are endless. Whatever your specific security requirement Rotech’s access control products can provide a tailored solution.
We have been fulfilling all types of automation control demands for more than 15 years – we are certain that with our extensive range and high level of expertise, we will be able to provide you and your business with a customised solution to suit your need.
For more information about Rotech’s Pedestrian Access Control products visit our Turnstiles and Flap Barriers page.
Call Alan Roberts at ROTECH on 07 3250 1123.
Case Study| Boom Gates Essential for a Safe Landing
A NEW helicopter pad was opened last year at Tamworth hospital as part of a multi-million-dollar redevelopment project.
The limitations of the old heli-pad made it difficult to land if wind conditions were poor. The new heli-pad is better positioned and built closer to the emergency department to provide quick access to transport patients for urgent treatment.
Safety becomes an Issue: emergency helicopters vs road traffic
The new convenient location of the helicopter pad at Tamworth hospital created a unique set of circumstances:
- Situated between the heli-pad and the hospital is Smith Street
- Smith Street is a busy local roadway
- When helicopters land and take off they create a downdraft as high as 89km
- There is a danger to both vehicles and pedestrians from flying debris thrown by the high velocity flow near the rotor.
The proximity of the heli-pad to Smith Street means any vehicle or pedestrian in the vicinity while an emergency helicopter is trying to land or take off would be adversely affected by a strong downdraft.
As with all helicopter emergency cases, time is critical – a solution to safely managing access to the common traffic area between the aircraft and motor vehicles needed to involve a very quick response time.
The Boom Gate Solution
Rotech worked with Steensen Varming to devise an effective resolution to the issue of how to stop both the outgoing and incoming traffic in Smith Street when a helicopter was in the vicinity.
The result was to install two boom gates at along Smith Street to stop vehicle access and fit pedestrian warning lights at appropriate locations.
To save precious time – a long range transmitter fitted to the helicopter activates the following equipment from up to 20 km away:
- Existing helipad lights
- Wind sock lights
- Flood lights
- Pedestrian warning lights
- Ambulance warning light
Boom gates close
30 seconds after the warning lights are activated the boom gates come down – this allows any traffic in the midstream to pass beyond the danger zone before the helicopter reaches the heli-pad.
Rotech’s solution plays an important role in getting patients quickly and safely from the heli-pad into the emergency department for treatment.
For more information about Rotech’s boom gate products visit our Automatic & Manual Boom Gates page.
We have been fulfilling all types of automation control demands for more than 15 years with a wide variety of products. Customised solutions are our speciality – we are certain that with our extensive range and high level of expertise, we will be able to provide you and your business with a customised solution to suit your need.
Call Alan Roberts at ROTECH on 07 3250 1123.
Case Study|De Costi Seafood’s Production Area Access Control System
When it comes to De Costi Seafood, Australia’s leading Seafood Company, the first thing that comes to mind is quality. They are extremely particular about their product as well as service. In order to provide the best to their consumers, they not only need to ensure that they provide fresh seafood, but also maintain the hygiene levels at their processing sites.
To control the entry and exit into their production areas and ascertain that the workers maintain a high level of hygiene, they required a smart solution. De Costi Seafood was in need of an access control system that could regulate the movement of personnel to and from the production areas. They also needed to make sure that the workers washed their hands and then use a disinfectant before entering those areas.
At the entry into Production, De Costi Seafood has a ‘Sanitising room’ and every worker is required to wash his hands and walk through an automated foot bath, which then leads to the turnstile provided by Rotech. This was a special turnstile made of 316-stainless steel, also known as food grade stainless steel, which made it suitable for food processing and handling. The turnstile was integrated with an Alcohol Disinfectant spray that is automatically sprayed when the staff put their hands under it. It was also connected to a hand scanner, which monitored the employees’ clock in time. So unless the employees disinfect and scan their hands, the turnstile will not unlock and they will be unable to enter the production zone. When the employees exit the production area they use the hand scanner to clock out.
The management staff also needed to access the production area; however, since scanning their hands would deduct time off their work hours, they required a separate access control device. Generally, they would have been given access using an RFID reader and an ID card, but because the production area is a place with high exposure to water, ID cards were not a very convenient option. Rotech provided silicon wrist bands for the management, which were not only waterproof and easy to wear, but also ensured that time was not deducted from the management personnel’s work hours. The wrist bands could also be washed on a regular basis, eliminating even the slightest chances of contamination.
To maintain the hygiene of the ‘Sanitising Room’, De Costi Seafood ensures that it is cleaned and washed every night. This called for a waterproof turnstile, so the Tristar J series turnstile provided by Rotech was the perfect choice as it has IP65 protection, which makes the turnstile completely waterproof, ensuring a longer life-span.
Case Study | Access Control for 2000 Caval Ridge Mine Site Workers
When nearly 2000 mine workers access and egress the Caval Ridge site daily, one can only imagine the chaos that could occur if there was no access control. The workers were systematically transported from their accommodation village to the mine site by buses that collected and dropped them at the designated pick-up/drop-off points. However, the entry and exit of the workers to and from the site needed to be monitored.
To ensure safety and compliance with QLD Coal Mine Safety and Health Act, BMA’s primary goal was to obtain a solution that would not only facilitate easy accessibility for the workers but also capture live data of personnel who had entered/exited the site.
It was envisaged that this would be partly achieved through the use of Badge Scan Units (BSU) to scan employee IDs at the entrance and exit of the site; and partly through a turnstile, to control the movement of personnel. BMA therefore needed a turnstile system that could be easily integrated with the Badge Scan Units.
Moreover, with a high volume of workers and only two bus pick-up/drop-off points, the potential for delays to the project was substantial should one of the BSUs or turnstiles malfunction. Hence, a turnstile with high-throughput and superior reliability was critical for BMA.
They selected TriStar J Series turnstiles from Rotech.
The waist-high turnstiles were situated at the entry and exit points of the site, and were integrated with BMA’s Badge Scan Units. This enabled the workers to swipe their ID cards to activate the turnstiles before boarding the buses or entering the site. The solution provided by Rotech also included boom gates mounted with BSUs to control vehicular traffic.
The TriStar turnstile system supplied by Rotech not only increased the efficiency of transporting personnel to and from the site, but also promoted a safer working environment by tracking and controlling mine access.
The Rotech turnstile system is capable of allowing 25 people per minute, enabling BMA to achieve a goal of a four-minute turnaround to fully load/unload each bus. Other features of the TriStar J Series turnstile that make it ideal for high volume traffic sites include:
- Robust, stainless steel cabinet
- Active arm which drops in case of emergency
- Turnstile locks only if unauthorised access is attempted, reducing power consumption and wear on mechanism
- Turnstile can be integrated with any access control system.
Rotech has over 30 years’ experience in supplying high quality turnstiles and pedestrian access solutions for industrial and commercial projects. We locally manufacture boom gates, turnstiles and industrial door operators, so our solutions can be designed and manufactured to meet customer specifications. Products can also be sourced from a worldwide network of suppliers and customised for individual customer requirements. Rotech proudly supplies customers with a fast and professional service supported by strong technical back-up.
Gate Openers Improving Passengers’ Safety and Mobility
Passenger safety and mobility are two of the biggest concerns in public transport. This is why the government invests millions of dollars on state of the art equipment, such as CCTV cameras and automated doors and gate openers, to improve security and facilitate efficient flow of traffic in public terminals.
Manual and automatic gates, including turnstiles and boom barriers, offer many benefits to passengers and staff of public transport systems, from bus and ferry terminals, to airports and train stations. They not only improve safety and security by adding an extra layer of protection for crowd control and crime prevention, but these manual and automatic security gates ensure fast and efficient flow of traffic by facilitating the movement of passengers.
Below are some areas of public transport that benefit best from using automated door and gate systems, including pedestrian gates, turnstiles and boom gates.
Large numbers of passengers frequent airports every day, making these terminals a potential target for terrorism and other crimes. For this reason, airports are installed with automatic security gates to ensure safety and security in all stages of passenger processing, from pre-screening and boarding, to immigration and after baggage collection. Fast boarding gates are used to accelerate the aircraft boarding process. Boom gates are installed to control vehicle access at airports, ensuring no unauthorised vehicle enters a restricted area. Full height turnstiles are set up in entrances where a high degree of security is required, such as airport ramps and operational spaces that are restricted from the public.
Bus, Ferry and Train Stations
Boom gates and turnstiles offer a high level of protection in bus stations and ferry terminals. Automatic security gates facilitate efficient flow of traffic since they help in ticket validation and payment processing. They also enforce one-way traffic in bus, ferry and train stations, allowing passage only to commuters who have tickets and passes. This way, it prevents unauthorised entry and ensures that passengers have paid before using any form of transport, reducing the level of fare evasion and fraud.
With automated doors and gate systems, various areas of public transport become more accessible, more reliable and more convenient for commuters. These access control systems not only improve passenger mobility and facilitate efficient flow of traffic in public terminals, but they help reduce potential threats, providing passengers with aesthetically pleasing as well as safe and secure public transport hubs.
Find automated solutions to improve passenger mobility and fare collection for any commercial and industrial facility, turn to Rotech. We provide the best automatic gate openers and gate systems, such as supermarket gates, turnstiles and boom barriers for all types of applications. Contact us at 07 3205 1123 now.
4 Simple Steps to Maintaining Turnstiles and Pedestrian Barriers
Is there a need to maintain turnstiles and other pedestrian access equipment?
As they are built to withstand prolonged and multiple use, turnstiles and pedestrian barriers such as flap gates, drop arm barriers and supermarket gates require very little maintenance once installed. However, like any equipment, it is a good idea to check them over once in a while. These machines are your investments after all, and to make the most of your investments you need to take care of them and make sure that they continue to function properly and last a long time.
There are only a few simple steps you need to follow in order to maintain the quality and performance of your pedestrian access control solutions:
1. Clean them regularly. In retail areas pedestrian access control equipment is made to look visually pleasing. To keep them looking as good as when you brought them it is important to clean them regularly. Surfaces should be cleaned with a soft cloth and, where applicable, a good stainless steel cleaning product. Avoid using harsh cleaners as these may only damage or leave marks on any mirror finish.
2. Check for dents, scratches and marks. Abuse of any pedestrian access equipment is the most common reason that the device may need repair or replacement. Closely monitor your equipment and check for parts that are damaged. For full height turnstiles, check for slight bending or leaning of arms; this may signify loose rotor brackets that must be attended to before they get worse. Flaps on flap barriers and arms on supermarket gates should also be checked to ensure they have not been manually forced in any way. This might cause misalignment preventing them from opening or closing correctly.
3. Preventative maintenance. Full height and waist height turnstiles are fully sealed with an IP65 protection. However the drop arm and flap barriers do need to be cleaned when necessary of general grime and insect infestations to keep them in optimal working order.
4. Lubricate once a year. Use a synthetic grease to lubricate the moving parts of your machine at least once a year.
With these simple steps, you can greatly improve the longevity and durability of your turnstiles and other pedestrian barriers.
For high quality turnstiles, flap barriers, supermarket gates and gate openers, contact Rotech. We supply a superior range of pedestrian access control solutions, as well as vehicle access control solutions for a variety of applications. Get in touch with us today.
Fast-Quality-Safe-Swing Gates |Best Choice for Amusement Park
The winner of the Certificate of Excellence Award in 2013, Puzzling World is a unique attraction that has been entertaining visitors of all ages for over 40 years with their intriguing and unconventional puzzle centre, illusion rooms, 3D maze and the likes. Holding the title of the most photographed attraction in New Zealand, it witnesses 180 000 visitors per year. To control the movement of visitors and ensure security, they required an access control solution that was safe and easy to use.
They chose the Sentinel F90 Swing Gate from Rotech as it has cushion soft safety and an anti-bump feature. So if there is any resistance while it is in operation, the gate stops for a pre-set time period. Since a majority of the visitors are little children, this was a very important feature for Puzzling World; as this swing gate is easily stopped even by little children, disabled, and elderly people, eliminating any chances of gate accidents.
Also considering how busy the amusement park gets, especially during the vacations, they needed something to allow rapid access. So the fast opening speed of 1.5 seconds of the F90 was definitely an advantage. The PLC controls enable easy connection to any access control system, ensuring optimum security.
Two F90 swing gates were placed at the entrance of the 7 acre amusement park and were integrated with a barcode reader. The entrance tickets purchased by the visitors included a specific barcode. The visitors were required to swipe their tickets at the barcode reader and once approved, it unlocked the swing gates, providing access into the park.
One swing gate was also placed at the exit of the amusement park. This did not require any ticket scanning; it is operated by an infrared beam across the walkway, which is broken once people walk past and that opens the gate, offering free exit.
During an emergency or power failure, these gates will freewheel allowing rapid exit for everyone inside. Made of stainless steel, the F90 swing gate is extremely strong and durable. It is the perfect solution for pedestrian and wheelchair access, providing high standards of safety as well as security, and it also does not incur high maintenance costs.
Australian Made Portable Turnstile with Solar Power in Turnstiles
The new and improved TriStar FH full-height turnstile is based on the 15 year old Sentinel FH design, but with many new features and improved operation. It is the first Australian-made product of its kind.
The new turnstile is now easier to use than ever, and with a soft start and stop feature, it is also extremely safe, even for children. We have changed the design of the turnstile rotor to give it a more open appearance, yet not compromising on the security.
The TriStar FH is a bi-directional turnstile with a galvanised frame and rotor; it can also be made from 304 or 316 stainless steel and on request, can be powder coated in specific colours to suit your requirements. The TriStar FH could be operated for up to 3000 cycles without mains power, with a battery back-up.
It is eco-friendly and can also work on solar power, solving the problem of power supply and helping to reduce costs, as the 240V power cables wouldn’t be required. Additionally, we can provide a portable base to enable easy movement and transfer of this free standing turnstile from one site to another. Also compatible with all access control, card and proximity systems, it enables you to easily integrate the turnstile into any security system.
With an in-built status indication feature, it lets you know when the turnstile is in operation, closed, or whether it has been manually released. It also has a warning light option that flashes if the status of the turnstile is interrupted for more than 10 seconds. We can also provide the TriStar FH turnstile with a roof and an anti-climb mesh, for additional security. The FH is created to provide our customers with a safe and secure method of access control with multiple features. We provide a 2-year guarantee on the mechanism of the turnstile.
5 Reasons Why To Use Automated Gates
Business sites, just like the businesses themselves, are highly valuable investments and they need to be well protected from potential threats. For this reason, pedestrian access solutions are popularly used in commercial and industrial settings. Nowadays automatic boom gates, turnstiles and many other access solutions are widely used in shopping centres, hospitals, banks, car parks, transit stations, and other types of commercial establishments.
There are a number of reasons why these types of access control systems must be installed in buildings or any major business site. Owners of commercial and industrial establishments should deliberate on this matter to protect their investment. Here are some reasons why automated access solutions would be necessary.
- Safety and Security – These are two primary concerns in commercial and industrial buildings. In most cases, these establishments have several areas that need to be secured. One security measure that can be taken is to install turnstiles at the entrance and other significant places. These gates can only be opened by those who are allowed entry, using access cards, wristbands or tags. This reduces the risk of unauthorised entry to the premises.
- Controlled Access – Other than security from trespassers, automated gates also help to control the accessibility of specific areas within the business site. With automatic gates installed outside a certain area, access can be limited to particular members of the staff. This ensures that employees only enter the areas they are required to work in.
- Convenience – With modern technology used in these access solutions, getting in and out of the building is made easier and more convenient. Some types of gates can let through an average of 25 people per minute. There are also some designs that allow easy access for wheelchairs.
- Reduced Staffing –Since these gates are automated, they eliminate the need for an employee to be constantly present at the gate to control its operation. Authorised individuals can simply use their access cards to enter. This can help reduce the number of employees and save money.
- Cost-Effective Option – Gate openers are typically operated by a power source like electricity. But owing to the advents of new technology, now there are more cost-effective solutions available to reduce power consumption, thereby reducing the company’s expenses. Modern design changes include solar panels that absorb and store energy from sunlight. These solar panels can operate a solar gate opener without using much electrical power. Solar-powered units can operate for a day or two in the event that the main power fails.
When it comes to automated access solutions, Rotech is a name that one can rely on. We have been providing automatic gates and access solutions to many commercial and industrial companies. Our solutions can be customised to meet your needs and operational requirements. Contact us now and our friendly staff can walk you through our range of products.
Gate Openers|Unparalleled Security and Convenience
Did you ever have one of those days when nothing is going right? You spilled coffee on your expensive new suit, had to change and ended up running late for that 9am appointment. Just when you were a few metres away from work, it began to rain and unfortunately, you got soaking wet trying to open the gate (and closing it again!).
Your day wouldn’t have been so awful if you had an automatic gate opener installed. Then you could have stayed in the car, breezing through the gated driveway, and went about your day in a good mood. If you’re thinking of getting one, here are two common questions potential customers would ask about gate openers.
Why Should I Invest in Gate Openers?
That’s a good question and we’ll gladly explain why such an expenditure is worth every cent. Installing one definitely adds some style and raises the value of your property. Aside from that, you can benefit from the convenience and added protection:
1. Saves Time with Easy Access
Unlike manually opened gates, electronic gate openers make life easier for you with the use of keypads or remote controls to automatically allow access to your property and gated driveways at your command. Gone are the days when you have to fumble with the lock and key and it’s especially convenient when it’s raining. You don’t have to get out of your car just to let yourself in.
2. Keeps Your Property Secure
Just like in residential areas, commercial properties often need added security for various reasons: to protect from theft and vandalism and for privacy as well. Clients and office staff often accidentally leave the gate open, making your property vulnerable to unauthorised entry. It can help your security personnel monitor the people coming in and out of the premises as well. If you’re planning to install one at home, children and pets are kept within the property since they can’t easily open the latch or lock with a key.
What Should I Consider Before Buying?
1. Space – Opting for an automatic swinging gate means you should have a lot of free space for it to work properly. There should be substantial clearance for your car to pass through or for the gate not to hit anything as it swings backward. If the area is a little cramped, our range of sliding gate openers is an alternative.
2. Power Supply – Are you frequently experiencing power failure in your area? The Vector Swing Gate Operator has a battery back-up that allows you to use it even when there’s a power blackout. Examine the possibility of a solar power gate opener as well if you want to reduce power consumption. While keeping your family and property safe and secure, you’re also doing your part in preserving our natural resources.
3. Type of Property – Are you going to be using automatic operators for high traffic areas? How many times will you be using the gates in a day? Those are the questions you need to ask yourself to determine what kind of operator you are going to need. Commercial establishments would require more rigid security measures compared to homes.
4. Safety – All automatic gates should be fitted with safety devices to protect vehicles and pedestrians. Most automatic gates are set to close automatically after a pre-set time and a safety ground loop or PE safety beam is normally fitted. The safety loop detects the metal in vehicles and prevents the gate from closing, while the safety PE beam will detect pedestrians.
When it comes to security and convenience, gate openers have proven to be one of the top choices of businesses and homeowners alike. As the leading supplier of gate openers and manufacturer of automatic boom gates, Rotech aims to provide you with first class products that are aimed to match your security requirements.
Turnstiles: Providing Secure Access to Your Facilities
Installing access control systems is essential to secure any site or establishment from unwanted or unauthorised personnel. One of the most common options businesses use in their facilities are turnstiles. Turnstiles monitor access to specific areas in a site by allowing or restricting passage to authorised personnel.
Before investing in these security systems, however, it is necessary that you learn more about the many types of turnstiles to ensure that your investment offers you the best value for money.
If you need durable and quality turnstiles for your industrial or commercial establishment, our team at Rotech can assist you. Along with an array of door and gate automation equipment we are also one of the leading suppliers of turnstiles in Australia.We are fully capable of providing you with the system that best suits your requirements.
Types of Turnstiles
Rotech is confident that our range of turnstiles and access solutions will suit most applications. Rotech’s turnstiles are of excellent quality and are aesthetically pleasing so they will complement any building design.
- Full height turnstiles – full height turnstiles are ideal for use in areas where the highest security is required, such as industrial plants and military installations. Rotech’s Sentinel series of full height turnstiles offers the greatest degree of security especially in facilities where there are unmanned access points. The Sentinel series allows two-way traffic, 15 people per minute throughput and are compatible with all access control systems.
- Waist height turnstiles – these are the most common types of turnstiles used to regulate pedestrian access in buildings such as offices and gyms. Rotech offers two types of waist height turnstiles: TriStar J series and TriStar E series. Our waist height turnstiles are bi-directional, with memory input, compatibility with all access cards and 25 people per minute throughput.
- Supermarket gates and turnstiles – Retail stores require a high quality finish on gates and turnstiles designed for pedestrian access control in supermarkets, canteens and self-service stores. Our Bulwark Manual Supermarket Turnstiles and Gates allow one-way traffic and are used along with barrier rails to guide customers to the pay point.
Benefits of Installing Turnstiles
- Security – turnstiles improve the level of security onsite by providing a physical barrier to stop unauthorised entry or entry without the proper identification. Security teams can also easily keep track of the people going in and out of premises as turnstiles restrict access to one person at a time.
- Savings – installing turnstiles can also bring savings to businesses as the need for security personnel can be reduced, although not completely removed. Guards can focus more on what should be done, which is security enforcement, instead of verifying IDs.
- Convenience – since our waist height and full height turnstiles offer very fast throughput, those with authorised access to facilities can get in and out of the site conveniently without having guards checking the identity of each person.
Turnstiles can be the first line of defence in your facility, so make sure to choose only the high quality turnstiles from Rotech. Contact us today and let our team help you create a more safe and secure environment.