Loop detectors are most often used to open or prevent the closing of boom gates, doors or sliding gates.
The detector is connected to an inductive wire loop mounted in the road surface. When vehicles pass over the loop the detector switches an output. The eight sensitivity settings and ASB (automatic sensitivity boost) offer enough flexibility to detect small cars and high bed trucks.
LD113 & 213 Safety Loop Detectors include the following features
- Reset Switch: The reset switch enables the detector to be manually reset during commissioning and testing. This results in the detector re-tuning the sensing loop and becoming ready for vehicle detection.
- Selectable Pulse Time: This feature sets the length of time that the pulse relay will be energised for 0.1 second or 0.2 second.
- Pulse Relay Selection: The Pulse relay may be configured to energise on detection of a vehicle or when the vehicle leaves the loop.
- Sensitivity Boost: This feature sets the undetect level to maximum sensitivity and is used to prevent loss of detection of high-bed vehicles.
- Switch Selectable Sensitivity: Eight sensitivity settings are available on the switches to allow flexibility in configuration.
- Switch Selectable Frequency: Two frequency settings are available to prevent cross-talk between adjacent loops.
- Filter Option: This option is used to provide a delay between detection of the vehicle and switching of the output relay. This delay is normally used to prevent false detection of small or fast moving objects.
- Permanent Presence Option: This feature ensures detection of the vehicle will be maintained when the vehicle is parked over the loop for extended periods.
Available with the LD213B Series Only
- Selectable N/O or N/C relay output: Internal jumpers enable the output relay contacts to be configured for normally open or normally closed contacts.
- Direction Logic: This feature enables the detector to give a pulse output on relay1 for a vehicle travelling from loop1 to loop2 and a pulse output on relay 2 for a vehicle travelling from loop2 to loop1.
For more information download our product datasheet.