Solar power systems have a number of advantages:
- The solar panel charges a battery that powers your gate so you have a working gate even if the mains fail.
- You do not need to run high voltage cables to the gate, this means a significant reduction on the cost of installation.
- Boom gates and turnstiles can be employed in temporary applications such as building sites, quarries or sports events. Special portable bases with the solar panels fitted allow the units to be easily relocated.
- The standard battery is calculated to give you 2 days standby with no sun, this can be upgraded quite easily by adding a larger battery and in some cases a larger solar panel may be needed.
The solar panel needs to be mounted in a position where it gets the most sunlight, away from trees or buildings. It is usually mounted on a pole or a building at about 2.5 m from the ground.
The size of the solar panel depends on the number of operations per day and the amount of accessories, (PE beams, keypad) that will be fitted.
For most domestic applications a 25watt solar panel with a 7 Ah battery will power the gate opener for 10 -20 operations per day for two days.
Solar gate opener kits are available for the D5 EVO, D10 sliding gate openers, Vantage swing gate openers, the Sector boom gates and the TriStar FH turnstiles
The solar gate opener kit consists of :
- Solar panel
- Stainless steel mounting brackets
- Voltage regulator
For more information download our product datasheet.